Monday, January 15, 2007

Soooo Thetford


Dry swoopy trails, no mud and sunshine - a typical Thetford day.

weather: sunny blue skies

terrain: dry, typical Thetford including the 'Beast' roller coaster.

distance: 11km/7miles

riders:
Ramon: smooth and confident.

Paul: wore his new silver helmet

The mighty Dinsdale: has been directing her mighty power into other things recently.

KB: rode strongly, but the aeroplane legs refused to fly.

mechanicals: none

punctures: none

chance meeting of the day: KB and the mighty D

results: here

pics: here

hold up of the day: On the start line I was about 5th row back when the the race started. Everyone moved forward and the five guys in front of me stopped at the start line and wouldn't move. They'd decided to get a good position for the 2hr race!!!! So, I had to go under the tape to get around them and looked up to see everyone disappearing around the first bend. By the time I'd got going I was way back in the field. ramon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how much further up the result would you have been if you hadn't been held up , then. Ah.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, but my legs were super! I think that I'm lying in 4th overall, two points off third. All the guy in third has to do is follow me around for the next race and he's got it. I did take three minutes out of him this time, so maybe I have a chance.

My plan is to make sure he sees me at the start, then sprint off. When I'm out of sight, I hide behind a tree. Then I follow him and hope he blows up trying to catch me ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a 'blobby' tactic!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, handed down to me from the great man himself.