Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Trans Schwarzwald

Sundayriders fourth place in the mixed category!



Skidmarks thirteenth in the masters category!




Julie finished the race alone, as KB had to return home at short notice. She would have finished around 6th or 7th, if her times were counted.

Race fotos here: TSW


A very enjoyable race.
After competing in most of the other 'biggest, longest, highest, bestest, baddest' multiday events, at first I thought I was going to be a little underwhelmed by this race ie: the late starts(10am), the short stages, no mountains to speak of, the fire roads and fir trees etc. I struggled during the race to understand why I was enjoying it, then I realised I was racing! In all of the other stage races, I've really only been riding to finish every ie trying to avoid the cut-off.

Here, I was eating well, sleeping well, recovering and getting up to race the next day. I was enjoying the intensity of the competition against other riders. Up there with the 'biggest baddest...etc for me was the raciest multiday race. :-))





foto lco

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we need some nice smart track suits :-)

Anonymous said...

We will have to be customised before the Ibiza Extreme.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I will be making them. We haven't made Raymond's tartan ones yet.

Anonymous said...

mmmm....tartan