Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday ride

The trails are bone dry at the moment! Me, Jane and Paul put in a steady three and a quarter hour ride around the Surrey Hills. We took in some of the trails that didn't really dry out last summer. eg ride lane, pond's lane and around jelly's hollow. These places that have been mud for the past couple of years were dusty, particularly ponds lane which was almost too sandy in places!

We took it fairly steady enjoying the fast dry descents, but put in our usual 'dig' across the Roughs by Sylvanus woods. We generally line out over this two km section. Today was straight into an easterly headwind, my gps says I held 36- 38kph for most of it. Which was good because me and jane had ridden 134km's the day before. It did finish me off for the following two hills though, and I couldn't catch Paul on the sprints for the tops. Now that my knee has settled I feel some strength returning :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would'nt it be better to take a leisurely ride up 'our canal bank'
Raymond?