Thursday, January 01, 2009

happy new year




31st
Today was our ride with the guys from Kandani.
So in the morning I thought I'd look the bikes over as Juanita's brakes were rubbing a little bit on the back. I was startled to find the qr really loose! I tightened it and found the the wheel wouldn't turn at all. so, I moved some of the spacers and the it was still not moving. I removed the brake completely and the wheel still wouldn't move unless I backed the qr off to almost nothing. I don't have the tools to strip the hub down so off to Kandani to buy some new wheels for her. but, as usual Juanita finds a way for me to convince myself pay for them. And by the time we get to the shop they've become her next birthday present! :)
We meet the guys promptly at 3.30,unusual! And we're gone by 3.40. Only seven have turned up today, that's because as we find out later there's a big ride new years ride tomorrow at 9.30 am. and these are the guys who are going out on the town tonight :)
What followed was a fantastic two hours of of off-road caminos and singletrack, they didn't have a spanish word for singletrack but had a catalan one! Something like corredon.

2 comments:

stratobiker said...

Happy next birthday Juanita!!!

.....and Happy New Year Sundayriders.

Bon Annee 2009.

SB :)

Parky said...

Happy new year R & J.

I'm contemplating going out on the MTB tommorrow as it's close freezing here in London.

Alan