Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday swrc ride

Jane's away again, so I headed over to Cobham to meet up with the B plusses. We set out for Southwater, but no one was quite sure of the way. We ended up going over White Down and through Holmbury and an odd way to Warnham. It was a fairly until we hit Bonfire Hill, where a Bob and Jack attacked. I went around them to and pushed hard, at the top I was out of sight!! I didn't think I was going that well!

The return journey was through Horsham! I haven't ridden in traffic for a long time, it horrible trying to ride a group through very busy traffic. I think because I don't drive in this country, I'm not used to it. On the Tuesday rides we do anything to avoid town centres. We dropped into Broadbridge Heath from the north somehow. And then it was the usual way back via the Warnham station underpass and up over the hills to Rusper. We did the usual line out across to Newdigate, I jumped on the first little rise to shake off any of the sprinters ie Jack and Paul :) me, Bob and a couple of the younger guys got a gap. Me and Bob worked it, the other two couldn't come through. I came through just before the sign and Bob sat up to slow the other two and I jumped again for the sign :) Thanks Bob :)

My fitness is crawling back to me. Admittedly there was no Andy or Cliff today, but I know I would have been third if there had :)

No comments: