Monday, December 06, 2010

thetford rnd 2


Jane had a been suffering with a sore throat almost since the last round and had only been on the bike once since, but I was still surprised that I caught her only a bout a quarter of the way into the first lap. She was going ok in the singletrack bits, but had no strength on the rises or open fire roads. I had put a more aggressive rear tyre on her bike, expecting some mud, but as it was the course was mud free. The tyre may have caused a bit more drag than she was used to.

In the second lap my rear brake lever suddenly came to the bar and I lost my rear brake completely.

So we dragged on for the minimum four hours, even slightly lurking a bit on the last climb to make sure we didn't have to go around again :)

Paul had another great race and took fifth in the vets once again.

No comments: