Saturday, November 11, 2006

The swrc invitation ride


An invitation ride is a sort of 'suck it and see' ride organised by the club. A bit like a recruitment drive or open day :-)

Geof -El Presidente organised five different rides all starting at Cobham.

A ride: 90 miles led by Patrick.

B ride: 60 miles led by the newly slim Mr Smith.

C ride: 30 miles led by El Presidente.

D ride: 15 miles led by Roger.

MTB ride: led by the dashing Ramon.

The Mtb ride:

distance: 40k in 2.30 (74km in 4.15 for R and J)

weather: cold but dry 10'

Terrain: slightly greasy chalk, surprisingly little mud. Lots of orange leaves!

riders:
ramon: smooth and confident.
juanita: saw a lovely toadstool.
alan parky: climbed the fence.
paul gadd: sore legs.
marek: cross.
will: rigid and pink.
geraldine: enjoyed it.

mechanicals: none

punctures none.

teastop: bocketts farm.

crashes: none, though ramon had a moment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many participants did you have?
This is good to put on your CV when asking Werner for a job!

Anonymous said...

The 'suck it and see' bit sounds interesting. I knew the SWRC were a friendly lot but surely that's going a bit too far particularly on a first outing.

Anonymous said...

Where were you, do you still have a bit of a chill?

Anonymous said...

No, I have vanquished my hard northern b******d of a cold and I am now striving to get myself into full arse kicking mode. I was out battling the four winds today.

Anonymous said...

Raymond almost wrapped himself around a tree going flat out down a leaf covered gulley. I think he wants to forget it was quite close to a complete whipeout.

Anonymous said...

It was a bit close, he,he;-)


I forgot to credit you with the photo.

Geoff saya the other rides went well too.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Geraldine, who said she'd be aching all over after her foray into mtb-ing, but I was going like a snail today! nothing hurt but nothing worked! I hope Marek did better and stormed in his cyclo-cross race.