Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thetford Series One


Skidmarks/Sundayriders take a podium in the first round!

results: Ramon 3rd vets, Facer 6th vets, Mighty D 8th ladies. pulsa aqui

distance: as many laps as possible around a 10k circuit in 4 hours.

weather: dry and warm, though it had rained all week.

terrain: a very slippery and muddy first lap, but it quickly dried out.


riders:

Ramon: smoothly and confidently almost pulled out after a very bad first lap.

Facer: now officially aged and is allowed to ride with the veterans.

The Mighty Dinsdale: had a leak, and so was thwarted in her plans to dominate Norfolk.

mechanicals: none

punctures: the mighty D had a slow puncture.

crashes: none.

no shows: juanita: was made a gift of ramon's cold. marky mark: has a mystery northern virus.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done dudes!

I see you gave Facer a kicking as his intoduction to the hard men's category.

Anonymous said...

Él es el hombre! How does Ramon manage to do so well whilst sounding so ill? I feel quite a fraud with my little sore throat.

Are you feeling better Marky? I'm sure Paul would have turned the other cheek for you to leave an imprint too:-) Next round?

Anonymous said...

I had a terrible first lap, it was all I could do to hold onto Paulo's wheel. What I hadn't realised was that Paulo was on the lead group's wheels. The hardest race I've done for a long time. I only entered to keep in the points for the series. I put in a very hard latter part of the last lap and took quite a bit of time back.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling OK Juanita, I just don't have any form at all at the moment. I was going quite well up till my recent bout of the the lurgi. I looked for your result as well, sorry you weren't able to race; that Ramon, he's so generous with his germs!
I hope to enter the next round.

Anonymous said...

Well done Raymond. what were you on? you could be in for the o/a.

Anonymous said...

AP! where were you? I saw your chum Neil from the Trailbreak ride.

I was on the santa cruz, I'm not sure it's a full sus course though, my back was killing me afterwards.

Did you ride the Trail break at the weekend?

Anonymous said...

Full sus?!!! Pah!!!!

Most of the Treads riders who raced did it the hard northern way on fully rigid singlespeeds!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think they must have been given longer northern laps too, as they didn't seem to do very many!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jane hasn't seen it yet, it's still bandaged and a bit manky.

Anonymous said...

Tattoo? Ramon told me he'd just grazed his arm on a tree!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! luuurrve the tattoo ramon!!