Friday, June 01, 2007

Trans Scotland stage five

Texted from Paul Thursday:

day started again with
a timed stage.this time
my 30 second man caught
me.A swede in his fifties.
On the descent!He said I
nearly lost him on the
climb too.I rode down not
looking at the best routes
down drop offs,just looking
for the best place to land.
Still need to learn to nail
bends though.aAnd that was
Mabie forest.a blur of rocks
and bends and pumping
adrenalin then a marmalade
sandwich.then it was the
linking stage to Moffat
some of which we'd already
covered.this time a bit more
gingerley though.Fatigue is
showing and we're all getting
tired.Went out for an italian
meal in Moffat which was
excellent,but i really
couldn't face the caterers
again when we had an
alternative.one of the guys
I was with had crashed today
and got his camelbak filled
with ice to put on his thigh
as we ate. Dinsdale leads her
category.I am stuck in 13th.

No comments: