Monday, January 07, 2008

Ibiza riding at Xmas


After a bit easy riding for the first week, because of a cold, we did some nice big sunny rides around the island.
We rode with Santa Eulária CC based at Kandani cycle shop. This was a nice steady club ride, with a group of 25 or so. They kept it together but put in a couple of digs near the end. I managed to get across to the front group on the last hard dig for the food stop and felt quite pleased with myself. I looked back to see where Jane was, only to see her tucked in behind me :-)
Ibiza has a few big lumps and so we put in some longish climbs, and explored some new trails. There are some great rocky trails in the northwest and centre of the island.
The picture is at my favourite coffee stop in Santa Gertrudis.

1 comment:

Parky said...

Lucky bu**ers. Sunshine and coffee.
Can I come next year!