Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Megavalanche






I've fancied this race for a little while, and so after being badgered by Gary and reading Stratobiker's excellent blog. I entered yesterday, along with Gary and Barrie of Moosecycles.


Gary in the shades, looking like megavalanche mega-man :-)



The race starts up in the snow line on Alpe duez and is 40km downish, with a few kicks up in places. Some ride out and out downhill bikes and others anything from 4" cross country machines to hardtails.

I think I'll be using the Blur, and Gary is busy building his mega - bike at the moment.


A full face helmet and elbow guards are compulsory.


I think for this race, I need a french downhill name and got it down to two favourites: Didier or René. Although Serge has a certain gallic something going for it :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like 'Marcel'

Parky said...

What tyre pressure is required!

hagblog said...

I've yet to decide on tyres. We're spending the week before the race riding in the area.

Anonymous said...

What about 'Ramonosteo'
Tia Beryl