Sunday, April 27, 2008

Limousin Countdown

I haven't touched the bike since last Tuesday, the little case of tendinitis in my knee after stupidly setting my saddle too high on the hard tail hadn't settled completely. And after a hard 82km last Tuesday, it was still a bit irritable so I've stayed off the bike. It means I've missed a few 'polishing up' training sessions.

Jane is going fairly well and it's looks as though I'll be hanging on to her wheel :-)
I got the bikes together today: Jane's Giant came back from Greg's ktted out in new bits, she took it out today and insists that even at a kilo heavier than the Santa Cruz it climbs much better! I've put my best wheels on the giant for her and this removes the best part of that kilo. I've got the old hugi/dt's on mine. Obligatory new tyres,tubes, pads, chains and cassettes on both bikes too.

Whilst we're away I shall be texting pics and words to lco, who will be posting on here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raymond, You will have to stop praying on your knees and do it standing up instead!! Anyway good luck to you and Jane in Limousin.

hagblog said...

hi AB - hopefully you'll be blogging for us next time.

stratobiker said...

Bon Courage!

I've seen the weather forecast, and it's looking good...........

SB :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck Raymond and all the crew doing the GTL. Sorry I wont be there, maybe next year if I can get stratobiker to give me some off road training.

hagblog said...

Cheers - I have only just spotted your post. We are in a hotel in limoges at the moment recovering :-)

It's a fantastic race and well worth having a go.