Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday Road Ride

Today was like summer!The forecast said sunny spells. It was 14'C when we set out, culminating in a heady 22'C when we stopped to fix Jane's puncture.

Today's ride was to be a steady road ride to test a slight lateral knee tendinitis I'd picked last week after forgetting to drop the saddle on my hard tail, which I'd lifted for Jane to try the week before. I'd taken the week off and been subjected to some ferociously aggressive treatment to my pelvic and leg muscles from Jane:-o

14'C mmm I fell for that one last week, so two layers and some long finger undergloves beneath my mitts. I also put leg warmers under my longs to keep the muscles warm along with a judicious amount of deep heat!

Our destination was Balcombe, a small hamlet with a lovely tea shop, a favourite ride of ours if we need an out and back steady ride through the lanes in Surrey and Sussex. Paul was going a lot better this week and was attacking every hill, me and Jane were taking it very easy, me because my legs were very sore from Jane's tender administration she calls treatment :-)and Jane because she's done shed loads on the bike recently.

And so it went; Paul flying up the hills and me and Jane keeping it steady and trying not to run into Paul as he freewheeled the descents. I did a couple of little pokes to see how the leg was, and Paul was on me like a rash! He wasn't going to miss a jump this week :) The knee was good.

The quandary - I would love to ride the hardtail at the gtl,but don't want to risk a knee problem. So I must default to the last working configuration, which is me and the Santa Cruz :-)

In all a pleasant spring ride 82km in 3.15 ish with 1250hm.

No comments: