Saturday, January 09, 2010

Snowy Saturday


Me, Roger and Jane hadn't ridden in the snow yet, so we went for a little ride to Shere and back for some coffee and toast.


It was a lovely blue sky day, but very cold at first. Once we got going, the effort needed to stay upright soon warmed us. The easterly wind was bitter and exfoliating in the open and my face has lost a few layers of skin. With the numbness from the cold it looks like I've had botox!



Some of the riding was a bit tricky, but lots was surprisingly rideable. Strangely enough the climb up from Shere was mostly rideable.

Although Roger had an off, he spent the most time actually on the bike :)

More of the same on Tuesday.... hurrah!

3 comments:

juanita said...

I found that riding for too long made my toes go numb with cold so I had to walk now and again to warm them back up again! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

stratobiker said...

Good stuff guys.
I'm jealous. We got snow here in France, buy I'm ill so I can't ride. Had to make do with a run around the garden in my underpants. I was energised!!!

a+
Steve :)

hagblog said...

Hi Steve - It hasn't snowed much more since, but the temperature is to stay low over the next week or two. So I think the next few rides will be in the snow. We were hitting maximum heart rates just staying on the bike! We've both got sore legs today, which means we got a good workout :)

Get well soon!

Underpants? Did Carla get any pics :)