Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Ride

Today seemed colder than ever! brrr! I still felt pretty good after yesterday and set off feeling quite strong. I wondered why Jane kept dropping off the back, but she said I was going harder than usual. Jane had her first puncture for a long time today, punctures have become fairly unusual in recent years. It seems to have coincided with our decision to eschew the use of continental tyres :)

Today was another busy day on the Downs and there were lots of walkers, horse riders and other cyclists out and about taking the air. We pretty much did a reverse of yesterday's ride taking in Blackheath on the way back. We lined out again across the Roughs but I couldn't shake off Paul and Jane. Jane wasn't prepared to let me get away two days in a row. Paul complained after that she was trying to push him off my wheel :)

A good three hours on the bike.

2 comments:

juanita said...

It was only a little nudge:)

Anonymous said...

What big hands you've got!!!