Tuesday, April 13, 2010

tuesday ride - othg


Barnes Green ......again!!

I was going to ride the mtb with roger today, but he called to say his legs were ok but his backside wasn't. He'd got a bit chafed on Saturday's ride. :)

So, I got the road bike out to join the othg. I wasn't sure if my legs would be ok after the weekend's riding and they were a bit sore on the ride over to Betchworth to meet up.

Today was quick from the start for some reason..... Must be the sunshine :) We hammered down Weare Street which was giggly scary as the road surface is really broken up and pot holed. We eased a bit after this because some people were getting a bit grumpy about the pace. The speed would then gradually increase and someone would get grumpy. This kept happening until about 5km from the tea stop, when it went a bit bonkers on the series of rises before the tea stop sprint :)I felt strangely comfortable in the line, so I moved out and up. I don't usually sprint but I thought I'd just follow. It was slightly uphill and everyone started to fade except me!! lol.

At the stop Eric turned a bit late, he missed the start today. He'd crashed his mtb on Saturday and had a wicked scab and bruising on his knee.

After teas it was fairly steady until Warnham. At Warnham we have to dismount and walk through the Station underpass. Andy attacked on the hills here, me, Andy E and Clive followed. He then attacked very hard and we gapped the other two. I was surprised how easily I could stay with Andy today. I don't think he is going as well as usual, but we gapped Andy E and he usually stays with us. So I think I'm getting stronger :) The burn up from Rusper was fun I managed to get away with Alan but he didn't have the legs today and I managed third in the sprint.

No comments: