Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Tuesday - othg

First road ride since the new year and the sunniest day of the year hurrah! It was hovering around 1C when I left at 10.00am, and a thick fog in Betchworth at the meet point. Ten of us set out for a nice flat ride to Four Elms near Edenbridge, and we averaged a steady 26kph. Towards Edenbridge the fog lifted and we were in a brilliant blue sky day , the cafe was bathed in sunshine.



On the way home a couple of the group chose alternative routes, whilst the rest of us chose the most direct route home. The temperature had risen to around 12C and it was balmy when we stopped for a puncture. It was nice spinning through the lanes in the sunshine. We had a bit of a burn up toward the end, where I sort of bubble off the front on a descent and nobody could decide who should chase me :) When they finally gave chase, I put my head down. hehe!

No comments: