Monday, May 16, 2011

weekend mtb rides

Saturday - A tough three hours to Camilia Botnar on the mtb's on the road. Jane was pushing hard on the hills and I was having a bit of trouble staying on her wheel. :)

Just into Colgate at the end of Tower hill, we passed three oldish road guys getting back on their bikes after what looked like a mechanical/puncture. I shouted 'everything ok' and they said yes. A few minutes later, I could see them chasing fast. Me and Jane gave a bit of a dig on the next rise, but the first guy came past very fast and shouted 'Come on lads' Jane shouted 'I'm a girl'. I jumped after him and just managed to get his wheel as we crested the rise. I noticed his mates get on my wheel and we were gone!We hit the next climb and he started to falter and the other two attacked for the summit. I didn't think that I had much chance on the mountain bike, but I went around the first guy and jumped between the two and took the sprint!!! One of them shouted 'you young bugger' I apologised and said that I couldn't resist. We all shook hands and patted backs etc and I eased over to the side of the road to wait for Jane. But she was right behind us!!... I was hoping for a rest because I thought I was going to throw up!

This seemed to open up my legs a bit and we pushed hard to Camelia Botnar.


Sunday - Was to be a steady climbing off road ride, I didn't feel good from the start and we only managed two hours before we came home. It was a great route though and I want to have another go this weekend. Jane put the hammer down across Ranmore Road, and I struggled to get her wheel. Just as I got to her wheel, I saw her chain clunk to the smallest sprocket and she began to hand me some serious pain. :)

2 comments:

juanita said...

It wasn't really fair to rip off legs already partially severed by Ben Nevis, but you have to take advantage when you can:)

hagblog said...

Maybe I can hand out some leg ripping this weekend? It's my turn!!!