Tuesday, March 31, 2009

othg


no mtb today.

Roger was busy and I needed some spinning in my legs after the weekend's hiking had turned them into jelly.

As I arrived at Betchworth, the over the over the hill gang were just leaving. The otothg is a steadier ride for those old blokes who can't keep up with the other old blokes who are in the over the hill gang.

Today was pretty quick - we scorched up Snowhill with Sabin and Andy on the front at over 30kph. At the top I eased to wait for the others and when I looked around, everyone was sitting right behind us grinning! Worrying :-0

Even on the col du Colgate it didn't let up. Andy kicked off, then Steve. Seconds later another Steve came past this one with a fixed wheel!!! and a moustache!!! I was beginning to think maybe I need some of that hormone replacement that everybody must be getting from their doctors. ;)

And this is how it went for most of the ride. I think I prefer the Alphas on a Saturday, at least I'm getting a kicking from people nearer my age group..... :)

Old cyclists never die, they just get a triple................................bypass!

No comments: