Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday fast ride

Today I went for my second 'kicking' from the South Western Road Club 'A' group :)



Last week was pretty tough and hilly and I hung on for a while.



This week's trip was to Danehill Farm, and I knew there was going to be some hills on the way there. I hung on quite well and wasn't off the back at all. I had one 'moment' on the last of the series of climbs when my legs stopped pushing and I went backwards for a short time. I soon recovered and enjoyed the flat out chase into into Dane Hill.

Coming back was a different matter :) My climbing legs had deserted me. They were hurting the whole way. Each time we hit a hill, I was fine and then my legs would just die near the top and everyone would come past. This was ok until the hill at Rusper, when I couldn't close the gap at the top and had to sit up and roll back steadily alone. I can feel my fitness returning, I need a bit more stamina and distance in my legs :)

I could have taken it easier on the way out, but my next race is around 2-2.5 hours. So, I need a bit of speed over that time and I think this helped :-))

2 comments:

stratobiker said...

Feeling the 'Good Pain' eh?

Nothing better than a tough ride. Keep takin'it. A few weeks down the line you'll be flying.

BTW - Nice cock!

SB :)

hagblog said...

Cheers, unfortunately I can't get out with them for the next couple of weeks. I have hike in Wales, A round of the nps and the Vuelta Ibiza coming up....phew. But, I shall get out with them some more - I need to give some 'good pain' back :)