Tuesday, March 17, 2009

tuesday ride


The weather is perfect for mountain biking at the moment :)
Roger turned up at 10 am and already it was 11'C and sunny...hurrah!
We decided to head toward Leith Hill to do some singletrack in the woods, notably Summer Lightning. - a man made trail that really just follows some old trails we had years ago. This was bone dry and a little bit dusty, which was nice because you could really get the weight over the forks and let the back drift around a bit :-o
We then went over towards Holmbury via Friday Street and Belmont School. At Belmont we took a cheeky trail through the grounds, this trail is very tight and twists throught the bushes which have grown over to meet at the top forming a long green tunnel. Next off was the climb up to Holmbury and down the telegraph row one of Roger's and Alan's favourite trails. Here I hit a root and my water bottle hit my leg and bounced out. I thought was strange at the time but only later when i got home I found the break in the water bottle cage. see pic above. This must mean I'm hardcore!!! :)
We grabbed a cup of tea in Peaslake and rode back over Holmbury and Whitedown.
An excellent ride

No comments: