Monday, March 19, 2007

Gorrick


Last week whilst we were in Ibiza, Pablo was getting more race miles into his legs at the super fun Crowthorne round of the Gorrick................................
"It was at the same place we raced a couple of years ago with a very slight change to the course. The corkscrew was still in there.
This time I was a bit more prepared but no more confident. I started at the back of the group but at least I was at the back of the bunch as we hit the singletrack, rather than being still back at the start just getting going.
I did have no warm up but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made. My laps were only about a minute different between slowest and quickest.
The course was all bone dry apart from one 100m section. This was of course a deep bog. Well a wet swamp at least. So we all got muddy. A deep wet muddy boggy swamp. Monster.
Out of 26 in category I was 17th which I was pleasantly surprised about. But I wasn't dead at the end and after two hours I could have carried on for another two at the same pace. So I haven't yet learnt death by speed. I need to be able to dig deeper. Then perhaps top fifteen. Although I would have caught the guy in 16th if he hadn't turned round and seen me as I was catching him."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks just like Ibiza! :-)