Monday, March 01, 2010

kelly kettle

My sister Kate works with the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme and so does a lot of outdoorsy stuff. So for my birthday she bought me a kelly kettle as they use them succesfully on the scheme.

I've been itching to try it for a while now, but finding dry wood in Surrey has been difficult recently :) Today when I was putting out some cardboard for the resyk, I wondered if it work with cardboard as a fuel.



Well it does and it boiled a pint of water in a less than five minutes. Excellent!

The downside is that it's a bit smokey and I now smell of burnt cardboard :)



A great bit of kit which I can't wait to take camping for my morning coffee.

1 comment:

maam said...

I know how smokey they are. One of our rambler tried it out one day and everyone had to move!!!