Saturday, March 06, 2010

Saturday ride

Today we rode to Southwater on the road. Greg gave us a Cannondale cross bike a couple of years ago and Jane has ridden it sporadically. Although we have ridden thousands of kilometres on road bike in the past. Jane has never really got on with dropped bars, choosing to ride the mtb as much as possible :) So recently, I put some wide mtb bars and thumb shifters on it. Result! She went out with Paul yesterday and she loves it. :)

We've been having some lovely clear days recently and spring is definitely in the air..hurrah!

I put a few digs in to test my legs a bit today and Jane was right on my wheel. Though later sore legs from the day before and the heavy 35mm tyres on her bike conspired to hold her back a bit. My instructions are now to replace them with some 23mm light rubber I have been saving. :)

1 comment:

juanita said...

As I was keeping up with Paul I was under the happy illusion that the 'Dale was as fast as a road bike, but it seems that Paul mightn't have been going that well!

I had trouble keeping up with Raymond who says he's completely unfit and not going well at all. I foresee many weeks of sore legs ahead:(