Tuesday, March 23, 2010

tuesday ride - othg


Today's ride was to Sumner's Pond in Barnes Green, my least favourite tea stop of all. It has the smallest, most expensive tea cakes, but it's a good hilly route back so I put up with it :)
The forecast sunshine didn't appear and in fact we had some proper rain on the way back. Andy duly kicked off on the first of the climbs on the way home, and I duly followed :) I don't think Andy was as strong as usual, because I stayed with him everytime he attacked. Steve managed to close the gap each time we eased a bit, but couldn't hold us on the steeper stuff. We regrouped at the top and pushed on to Rusper.
There's always a burn up into Newdigate from Rusper. As I don't have much of a sprint and we're not far from home, I like to use the opportunity to get on the front and bury myself on this section. Everyone else is quite happy to sit in and contest the sprint :)

No comments: