Tuesday, March 16, 2010

tuesday ride - othg


A no gloves and no overshoes day .......hurrah!!
Today's destination was Balcombe tea rooms, so it was going to be lumpy. It was bright and warming up considerably when we left the carpark at just after ten. The pace was brisk from the off today, as Sabin got on the front. From then on each hill we met was a sprint from bottom to top. This gradually whittled the group down until only five of us were left and we chose the longer hillier option to Balcome via Staplefield. I was glad to be with the group, but I knew that I was the weakest :) Me and Andy Ellis worked hard on the front up the long climbs to Balcombe, knowing that Cliff and Andy F were gearing up for the sprint. I buried myself to get third in the sprint, only to find the tea shop closed........ This meant another long climb to High Beeches tea rooms. My legs deserted me :(
After tea and toast on the patio in the sunshine, my legs had recovered a little and we had a good hard ride back where I did a spell on the front across Rusper.
A good hard three hours on the bike - Fingers crossed, I think my fitness is on the way back.....maybe :)

2 comments:

stratobiker said...

Tea rooms?
What's them then?

Sounds blimin' great!

SB

hagblog said...

When I lived in the north we went t'caffee. In Surrey we go to the Tea Rooms :)