Saturday, July 02, 2011

Friday July 1st


My day off and I wake at 7am, bright as a button! This must be taken advantage of so I jump into my cycling gear and haul my surprised bike out for a trip to Cripplegate. It feels like ages since I've been off-road and summer has sprung, 20mph hill was dripping in wild sweetpeas and The Roughs were resplendantly green with field upon field of ...!!.... hemp plants !! rad lane and 'Twix were still a bit damp but nothing to slow me down too much and after the scary-fast descent into Cranleigh I'd been out for an hour. Hmm, if I get a clear run down the DownsLink I could be on for a good time - I decide to try it and adopt my best time-trial position, get in my biggest gear and graunch away. There were a few early morning dog walkers, runners and horse riders around but notwithstanding I arrived at the Lake in a PB of 1.48:)


It's too early for the cafe to be open so I eat an energy bar in the sunshine and head back for a steady ride home. As I pass the caravan site at Slinfold, campers are cooking their breakfasts and the aroma of baked beans makes me hungry. I make a quick scan of the site just in case Raymond, LCO and Growler are miraculously there waiting for me in our tent:) They're not so I carry on, up HorseBlock which was surprisingly painless and arrive home with a trip time of 3.51 and a good 52 miles in my legs.

Jane

No comments: